Friday 17 August 2007

P.S. for Day Two

Failed to mention that Jon and Patrick had a real fun time doing something they both hate - shopping!

Jon knew that Patrick likes all the military garb so he asked the gentleman at the Royal Marines Museum if there were any good army supply shops around. Happened to be a good one literally up the street. I barely got in the door when the smell hit me - mildew. So since I still had that nasty cold I let the boys rummage and I sat in the car. I've never seen a place so full of stuff - I mean they had everything. Reminded me a bit of Flourish and Blotts (from Harry Potter books/movies) but instead of the books it was clothes everywhere. 110 pounds later they emerged. Patrick is now the proud owner of a Iraq war gas mask (complete with water bottle), British Iraq war camo jacket, hat and backpack. Jon bought some Union Jacks for our contractor whose wife is English. Although I'm anti-war the two of them had a great time and I think bonded even more over this so I was quite happy to sit in the car and just watch the Brits go by.



Patrick in full regalia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Your photos are gorgeous. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your
travels in England.


Elaine (a.k.a. Boopsie)